- Pound will be worth less than one euro, warns former US Treasury chief
- Tesla Q3 Delivery Results Are Coming. What to Watch For
- Solar Panels Piling Up in Warehouses in Energy-Starved Europe
- Biden Tells Oil Companies ‘Bring Down Prices You’re Charging’
- Cathie Wood Says US Dollar Strength Could Yet Prompt Fed Pivot
- Dow Jones Hits Bear Market After Today's Sell-Off; What To Do Now
- Fed’s Evans says he’s getting a little nervous about going too far, too fast with rate hikes
- 3 charts that show the UK's market meltdown
- Treasurys stumble as markets digest Fed economic commentary and stocks slip
- European markets head for higher open after choppy start to the week
- European markets advance after choppy start to the week
- Rampant dollar pauses for breath as bears stalk stocks
- Mid/small cap US stocks undervalued?
- Two arrested on fraud charges linked to ‘$100mn deli’ in New Jersey
- Jeremy Siegel Rant #2
- Consider a Floating Rate Treasury ETF for your Cash - Almost Zero Duration Risk
- Useful SEC filings, and why you should pay attention to them
- Moronic Monday - September 27, 2022
- Rules sought for 'gooning,' taking troubled kids to care
- Lebanese lawmakers to convene to elect country's president
- Vote in Ukraine's Russia-held areas stokes tension with West
- Company plans to make Dixie paper plates in Tennessee
- Shakira to face trial for tax fraud in Spain
- Tokyo Olympics bribery arrests widens to third Japan sponsor
Wall Street Journal
- The Earnings Crunch Is Only Just Getting Going
- Stock Futures Rebound After Dow Enters Bear Market
- Forced Labor a 'Top-Tier' Compliance Issue, Says U.S. Official
- Musk and Twitter Set to Argue Over Unresolved Information Requests
- Lumber Prices Fall Back to Pre-Covid Levels
- FTX Wins Auction for Bankrupt Crypto Broker Voyager Digital's Assets
- Lethargic green rollout leaves Paris targets ‘close to vanishing’
- Truss learns the hard way that Britain isn’t America
- Virgin Atlantic chief urges UK government to reverse course and lift pound
- Morrissey quits as AJ Bell chair after FCA blocks board role for founder
- Sweden and Denmark probe leaks in Nord Stream gas pipelines
- Protesters march on Japan’s parliament to criticise Abe state funeral
Talked on Reddit
- The Fed: Chicago Fed president defends dot plot as he says interest-rate plateau may be warranted next year
- Brett Arends's ROI: This 95-year-old money manager lived through the Great Depression and is still ‘fascinated by...
- The Wall Street Journal: World Bank gloomier on China, sees growth lagging that of East Asia for the first time since 1990
- : Gilt yields pull back from multi-year highs as BoE and Treasury seek to calm nerves
- : Sweden reports leaks on Nord Stream 1, shortly after damage found on Nord Stream 2
- Kelley Blue Book: Will all cars have alcohol detectors in the next few years?
#5Things -Recession odds -UK stabilizes -Dollar rally -US futures recover -Coming up...
Buses have changed a lot on the inside since the conference and they continue to be the safest way to get to school — about 70 times safer than a car, according to the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Harvard Business Review
If you delegate to employees without teaching them to do the work, you’re setting them up for failure.
There are signs that the United Kingdom could be heading into a fall Covid-19 wave, and experts say the United States may not be far behind.
The Wall Street Journal
Apartment rents are falling from records for the first time in nearly two years, offering the prospect of relief to millions of tenants who have seen steep increases during the pandemic
According to research from the University of Chicago, “the pandemic has derailed the finances and careers of individuals of all ages” and wreaked havoc on older people.
Coronavirus in India: 3,230 fresh cases witnessed in last 24 hrs; active caseload declines to 42,358 Track live news and updates |
Somebody had to say it. Sasha Stone: The Breitbart News Interview Part 1 - Woke Hollywood Embraces McCarthyism
Chicago Fed president defends dot plot as he says interest-rate plateau may be warranted next year
TikTok is stepping up its charm offensive in D.C., but is sidestepping its loudest Republican critics via @BW
- Georgia recognizes embryos as dependents, for a $3,000 state income tax deduction
- When it comes to health apps, don’t count on HIPAA to protect your medical info
- Maine chocolatiers resist raising prices as holiday sales begin
- Kindergarten is more than snacks and blocks these days. Some states think kids shouldn’t have to go
- Why investors are bailing on the UK
- Global markets are tanking because they see signs that the global economy is tanking
- The UK Is Reviewing Its Net-Zero Strategy In A Bid To Ensure Energy Security
- The World Cup In Qatar Will Be The Most Expensive Ever
- Major London Department Store Gives Up On Calling Police To Catch Shoplifters
- Russia Enacts Lengthy Prison Sentences For Wartime Desertion & Refusal To Serve
- Czech Elections Show Steady Rise Of Right-Wing Parties & Populists As Economy Sours
- Remembering Hate Speech: Victor Davis Hanson
24/7 Wall Street
- South Dakota 2022 Ballot Sees Measure To Legalize Cannabis Again
- These Are 10 Asset Management Companies With A High Payout Ratio
- University in China Launches First Metaverse Major: Report
- Moscow Stock Exchange is Planning to Start Offering Crypto
- ETHW Up 8% as Key Miner Claims Forked Chain Could 100x in 10 Years
- Ethereum Reversible Transactions Will Require a Jury to Make Decisions
- Stocks making the biggest moves premarket: Keurig Dr Pepper, CSX, Li Auto and more
- Hertz is teaming up with oil giant BP to install thousands of EV chargers in the U.S
- UK lenders halt mortgage deals to customers after market chaos
- The golden age of globalization is clearly over, says Singapore's Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong
- Fed’s Evans says he’s getting a little nervous about going too far, too fast with rate hikes
- Larry Summers blasts UK tax cuts as 'utterly irresponsible' and warns of possible contagion
- Biden plans crackdown on hidden airline fees
- British pound slides to all-time low against the dollar
- Forgiving student debt may cost $400 billion over 10 years
- San Francisco airport workers to travelers: Bring your own food
- Investors yank money from company planning merger with Trump forum
- Floridians face empty shelves, rationing as Hurricane Ian nears
- U.S. Suit Over Alliance of American Airlines and JetBlue Goes to Trial
- Strong Dollar Is Good for the US but Bad for the World
- European Political Turmoil Roils Global Markets
- TikTok Seen Moving Toward U.S. Security Deal, but Hurdles Remain
- Factory Jobs Are Booming Like It’s the 1970s
- Silicon Valley Had Its Heyday. Can Tech Ecosystems Now Grow Inland?
Monday Night Football, New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys
Thibodeaux, the No. 5 overall selection, will make his NFL debut, while Ojulari will play his first game in 2022. The Giants had only...
Dothan, Tropical cyclone, Storm, Week
Ian is forecast to bring devastating effects to much of Florida and South Georgia. Tens of thousands are expected to leave their homes...
Cooper Rush got hot in the second half to rally the Cowboys and make a statement on the road.
Hurricane Ian makes landfall after strengthening to major storm; 1st mandatory evacuation orders issued; Tampa may shut down airport;...
What they're saying: People should be able to see three or four of Jupiter's Galilean moons with binoculars, Adam Kobelski, a research...
Tech giant Google took it upon itself to launch its own type of celebration following NASA's Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART)...
Myles Garrett's vehicle went off the side of the road and flipped several times before coming to a rest.
- Vote in Ukraine's Russia-held areas stokes tension with West
- Biden's strategy to end hunger in US includes more benefits
- Pound stabilizes but turmoil continues for UK economy
- Asian shares mostly gain after Dow tumbles into bear market
- Germany: pressure drops in second Russia gas pipeline
- Musk, Twitter CEO delay questioning ahead of October trial
- Nord Stream undersea gas pipelines suffer 'unprecedented' damage
- Families have to brace for a large heating bill
- Ian now major hurricane as it approaches Cuba on way to slam Florida
- Job-seeker sends cake with edible resume to Nike
- Kudlow: Woke, progressive economics have failed US
- Airline says goodbye to key players, shakes up their top team
- Philippines to shut 175 offshore gambling firms, deport 40,000 Chinese workers
- Coins and banknotes featuring King Charles III and Queen Elizabeth II will co-circulate
- Analysis: The UK's 'Trussonomics' crashes the pound and leaves investors shaking their heads
- Analysis: The British pound's crash will make inflation worse and push interest rates higher
- UK authorities try to calm panicked markets
- Walmart enters the metaverse with Roblox experiences
- Energy firms must offer more help on bill payments, Ofgem warns
- Leaked dossier suggests Scottish ferry deal may have been rigged
- iPhone in India: Apple makes new handset in India in shift from China
- Tim Cook: 'No good excuse' for lack of women in tech
- Cost of living: Millions forced to turn to second jobs, report finds
- Mortgage lenders halt some deals after pound falls
- UK mortgages: ‘next 10 days crucial’ in how much rates rise
- Plan to pay Liz Truss’s chief of staff through firm is dropped after criticism
- Pouring cash into London to solve regional inequality? That's trickle-down Trussonomics
- Sterling crisis: markets brace for more volatility with Kwarteng to meet bank bosses
- China growth lags Asia-Pacific for first time in decades as World Bank cuts outlook
- Australia’s financial sector will pay customers $7.2bn for wrongdoing, regulator says
- Ferguson expects 2023 net sales growth in low single digits
- Defence manufacturer Saab to set up new facility in India, make weapons system
- Tesla Asks Employees to Help with 'Very High Volume' of Deliveries
- Hoskinson Flaunts Cardano Transaction Speed, Community Reacts
- RBC Capital Reiterates Sector Perform Rating on Unilever plc
- From TINA to TARA: Goldman Gets More Defensive, Downgrades Equities to Underweight
- Texas Attorney General ran away when served with court papers over abortion rights lawsuit, affidavit says
- German officials reportedly believe the crucial Nord Stream natural-gas pipelines connecting Russia to Europe were...
- Everything you'll need to know about Amazon's second Prime Day
- The British pound is cratering against the dollar. Here's everything you want to know
- Russians are paying up to $27,000 to escape the country on private jets after Putin's partial mobilization, report says
- Putin could announce Russia is annexing parts of occupied Ukraine on Friday, UK defense chiefs warn
- 20 things to sell for extra money during inflation
- 8 items around your home that may be worth more than you thi…
- More inflation is on the way, and your health care bills are…
- 25 things to sell when you’re ready to retire
- Amazon to hold mid-October sale to capture more holiday spen…
- Why is Amazon hosting a second Prime Day in 2022?
- Didn't you always imagine the future would feature flying cars?
- After years of decline, the auto industry in Canada is making a comeback
- Montana health officials call for more oversight of nonprofit hospitals
- Is a strong dollar a good thing? Not for everybody
- The British pound hit a record low over fears about income tax cuts and debt
- How some businesses flounder with Hispanic Heritage Month marketing efforts
- A second Prime sale shows Amazon is nervous about the economy too
- Column: Painful signs emerge that Fed is moving too far, too fast with aggressive rate increases
- Pain at the pump? L.A. County's average gas price hits $5.84 a gallon
- Worried about the economy? Demand for these jobs is high and growing
- Op-Ed: Is this deadly profession also among the most violent?
- Former Ram Jared Goff passes Hidden Hills home for $6.4 million
- NASA to roll moon rocket back to hangar, as Hurricane Ian targets Florida
- Trump nominee is voted out as head of Inter-American Development Bank
- Is public WiFi safe to use?
- Is public WiFi safe? We ‘compromised’ a network to test it
- Netflix to open video game studio in Helsinki, Finland
- E3, once the video game industry’s biggest event, returns live in 2023
- The New Normal: Why More Countries Are Developing National Music Strategies
- TikTok Warned Of Possible $29m Fine For Processing Children's Data
- Hertz Follows Big GM EV Deal With BP Pulse Charge Station Tie-up
- 10 Valuable Sustainability Tips For Food Brands
- J.Jill Focuses On Older Women
- Why Telco Cloud Strategies Are Evolving
- Want to work from the beach? This Italian island will pay you nearly $15,000 to move there
- At GSK, women now hold both the CFO and CEO roles
- Costco's famous $1.50 hot dog & soda combo will stay at the same price "forever"
- The pipeline that sends Russian gas to Europe just blew an 'unprecedented' leak in 3 separate places, authorities say
- Inside Bilt Rewards, a loyalty program and credit card for renters
- Why COVID isn't like the flu (yet) in one brutal graph
- Do You Have an Execution or Empathy Culture? Your Answer Matters
- American Airlines Is Trying Something So Unconventional It’s Kind of Brilliant
- Lessons in Boundaries and Diversity From an Elevator Encounter
- Want to Be Healthier and Live Longer? This Noted Physician Says All You Have to Do Is Embrace the Rule of 6 Plus 2
- How They Got the Money: Advice From Some of the Savviest Women in Business
- Need Capital? Answer 'Yes' To These 9 Questions
- Taiwanese citizens prepare for possible cyber war
- Russia's mobilization drive devolves into chaos
- New report shows that Black Americans more than half of all exonerations
- Ian, now a major hurricane, threatens Cuba and Florida
- Axios Finish Line: Spreading kindness
- Riggleman book calls Meadows texts the "crown jewels" of the Jan. 6 investigation
- Billionaires get too much credit for philanthropy
- Amazon’s robots are getting closer to replacing human hands
- Hurricane Ian is about to crash into a very crowded Florida
- Who’s really using up the water in the American West?
- The many scandals of Don’t Worry Darling, explained
- 36 years ago today, one man saved us from world-ending nuclear war
- DART asteroid deflection: watch NASA test its planetary defense system for the first time
- ‘It’s the government’s job to protect people’: States are finally starting to ban ‘forever chemicals’
- Beyond burnout: Why are so many people unhappy at work these days?
- Steve Case: Silicon Valley’s brain drain is bringing innovation back to small cities
- An economic slowdown could be the reset Silicon Valley needs
- This 52-foot ‘trash wheel’ sucks plastic out of the water so it can be recycled
- MarketBeat Podcast, 3 Stocks to Watch Newmont Mining, Walmart, AMC
- Is the Market Overreacting with Shopify Stock?
- MO Money: Why Altria Group Stock is Rallying
- A NASA Spaceship Just Crashed Into An Asteroid. Here's What Happened
- This Job Seeker Went Viral On LinkedIn for Printing Her Resume on a Cake and Having It Delivered to Nike
- If Your Strategic Plan Is Failing, You Might Want to Look in the Mirror
- Hitler Was Not a Fascist, Argues Author Appearing on Newsmax TV
- Amy Schumer Jokes Sex Between Spouses is 'Disgusting'
- Woman Kicking Out Brother's Girlfriend and Kid for Lack of 'Respect' Backed
- After Being Driven to Near-Extinction, Wolves Are Making a Comeback
- Neighbor Billing Locals $8.6K To Fix Potholes in Front of Their Home Slated
- King Charles III's New Royal Cypher: What Does It Mean?
- Study: in January 2022, 62.4% of bitcoin mining electricity came from fossil fuels, contradicting the Bitcoin Mining...
- Meta begins testing a single interface to manage Facebook and Instagram accounts and streamlines registration to...
- A look at South Korea's Zepeto, owned by Naver and considered one of Asia's largest metaverse platforms with 15M-20M...
- As the Optus hacker appears to release data of 10,000 customers, Optus CEO Kelly Bayer Rosmarin says the Australian...
- Paris-based Regate, which offers an all-in-one platform to manage invoices, expense reports, and payments, raised a...
- Text-to-image generation systems like DALL-E and Midjourney use datasets built by scrapping images without explicit...
- Three-bedroom home sells in Pleasanton for $1.5 million
- How much did the nine most expensive homes sell for in Saratoga the week of Sep. 19?
- Single family residence in San Jose sells for $1.6 million
- CBO: Student debt plan could cost $400B
- What are the nine most expensive homes that sold in Los Gatos the week of Sep. 19?
- Photos: Modest Cupertino house once worth $35K sells for $2.3M
- Document onboarding startup Flatfile nabs $50M from investors, including Workday
- AmazeVR wants to scale its virtual concert platform with $17M funding
- India searches premises, freezes bank accounts in ongoing Free Fire investigation
- Unravel Data lands $50M to make sense of complex data stacks
- Tatsumeeko strikes partnership with Immutable X to enhance its gameplay
- Papaya wants to help electrify last-mile logistics in Europe
- You’ll Never Guess What The Best Man Who Banged The Groom’s 23-Year-Old Daughter On The Wedding Night Does For A Living
- Ridiculous Avatar Of Everything Wrong With England To Become Even More So
- Former CNBC Talking Head Suddenly Not Interest In Showing His Face
- Opening Bell: 9.23.22
- SEC Would Not Bold As To Just Outright Kill Payment For Order Flow
- What happened at the 77th UN General Assembly?
- Will Republicans impeach Biden?
- NASA's DART mission is a success as it crashes into asteroid
- 17 killed, dozens wounded in school shooting in Russia
- NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden granted Russian citizenship
- Biden's student debt relief plan could cost the government $400 billion
- CBO estimates Biden's student debt plan could cost $400 billion over 30 years
- NASA Dart spacecraft rams into an asteroid in defense test
- Hurricane Ian bears down on Cuba with landfall in Florida expected later this week
- News Wrap: Military-age men fleeing Russia over call-ups, Putin grants Snowden citizenship
- WATCH: Blinken gives remarks on Pakistan flood recovery with Foreign Affairs Minister Bhutto Zardari
- Right-wing victory in Italian election raises concerns across Europe
- British pound hits record low against US dollar
- Got video call fatigue? You may soon be able to send holograms of yourself through your phone
- Energy bills are soaring in Europe. This is what countries are doing to help you pay them
- The future of French tech: why start-ups are optimistic despite economic gloom and cyber attacks
- Wanted Terra crypto developer may be trying to escape probes but Do Kwon denies being on the run
- OPEC+ supply cut essential to buoy oil prices, UBS says
- Saudi Islamic finance firm Nayifat appoints new CEO
- TASI regains some momentum after dropping below 11k points: Opening bell
- Here’s what you need to know before Tadawul trading on Tuesday
- Saudi Capital Market Authority approves 3 new IPOs as listing wave continues
Wikipedia Current Events
- Russo-Ukrainian War
- Russian oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin, a close ally of Vladimir Putin, publicly admits for the first time that he founded the Wagner Group, a private military company accused of war crimes in places where they had been deployed. Prigozhin had previously denied any involvement with the organization. (The Guardian)
- September 2022 United Kingdom mini-budget
- Inter-American Development Bank chief Mauricio Claver-Carone is fired by the bank's board of governors after an external investigation, started because of a whistleblower complaint, found that Claver-Carone had an undisclosed intimate relationship with his subordinate and committed several ethics violations in connection with her. (Reuters) (Financial Times)
- 2022 Pacific typhoon season
- Six Pakistani military personnel are killed in a helicopter crash in Balochistan, Pakistan. (Barron's)
- Seven people are killed in a fire in a shopping mall in Daejeon, South Korea. (AP)
- Three people are killed in a building collapse in Nairobi, Kenya. (AP)
- COVID-19 pandemic
- The death toll from the cholera outbreak in Syria increases to 29, with a total of 338 cases reported, the majority of whom are in the Aleppo Governorate. (Al Jazeera)
- Colombia–Venezuela relations
- Kazakhstan–Russia relations
- Izhevsk school shooting
- Global surveillance disclosures
- 2022 Cuban Family Code referendum
@mcuban @costplusdrugs Bro legit, my daughter just needed an inhaler prescription. It was priced @ $333 I used the @costplu…
I'm impressed. I just refilled a 90 day supply of Omeprazole. CVS: $90 (with insurance). @costplusdrugs $11.60 includin…